- Swimming Pools, Power pools and Swimspas
- Portable Spas & Hot Tubs
Pool Equipment & Accessories
- Solar Covers
- Winter Debris swimming Pool Covers
- Reel & Roller Systems for Swimming Pools
- Swimming Pool Pumps & Sand Filters
- Swimming Pool Heaters
- Maintenance Equipment
- Swimming Pool Ladders, Step Units, Slides and Swimming Pool Water Features
- Automatic Swimming Pool Cleaners, Suction Pool Cleaners & Boost Pump Cleaners
- Swimming Pool Lighting
- Swimming Pool Pipework
- Swimming Pool Liners
- Swimming Machines
- Skimmers & Pool Fittings
- Automatic Pool Covers
- Swimming Pool Water Features
- Swimming Pool Safety Covers
- Swimming Pool & Spa Chemicals
- Water Purification Systems
- Games, Toys and Inflatable Loungers for Swimming Pools
- Swimming Pool Domes & Enclosures
- Swimming Pool Safety, Aquafitness, Rehab, Therapy and Pool Lifts
- Outdoor Living
- Swimming Pool Parts
- Hot Tub Parts
Thermalec Heaters - 1 & 3 Phase With Titanium Elements
Thermalec Electric Heaters
Cast in BS-EN-1561-1997-ENGJL-200 iron, with a heavy fusion bonded epoxy coating impervious to chemically treated pool water, constructed in accordance with British Patent 2.092,282 Design pressure of 35psi (2.46kg/cm2) with 3/4" safety valve(s) set to operate at the maximum normal working pressure of 30psi (2.1kg/cm2) giving protection to both the heater and and the installation as a whole against over pressure. A 1/2" drain valve at the lowest point allows the heater to be left empty in winter. Flow connections consist of easily removable uPVC stub flanges into which the pipes may be fitted using suitable adhesive, as the flanges can be released easily from the heater no unions are required, nor is any form of heat sink needed. Flow direction is from left to right, but may be reversed quite simply on site following the installation instructions. Heavy duty nickel plated copper sheathed elements to BS-EN-60335-1, with low watt density for long life, are mounted individually in a removable top plate, which allows complete inspection of the interior of the vessel.
- The construction of the heater is solid and robust, to ensure years of safe and reliable service.
- The contact materials are highly resistant to corrosion from pool chemicals. Thermalec® pool and spa heaters can safely be used with sea water pools as well as in demanding applications such as Hydro- and Thalasso- therapy.
- The watts density of the heating elements is very low (9.54 W/cm²), ensuring minimal scale build-up and long element life.
- The heating elements are always submerged in water. Any air bubbles entering the heater pass through it above the water and across the unheated parts of the elements, preventing any damage to the latter.
- The patented weir and baffle system inside the heater causes the water to flow through it in a spiral. This increases uniformity of the water temperature inside the heater and prevents direct impingement of cold water onto the elements.
- The spiral flow regime of the water inside the heater discourages scale formation, extending element life.
- The heaters have no flow switch. These are notoriously unreliable. Any air bubbles passing through the heater will cause any flow switch to make and break repeatedly in rapid succession, causing the contactors to do the same, thus shortening their life.
- Thermalec® heaters are flexible: The water flow direction is normally left to right. If required, this can be easily changed on installation by means of a simple modification. Most models may be easily changed by a qualified electrician from single to three phase operation and vice-versa.
- The thermostats used in Thermalec® pool and spa heaters have a low operating differential. This is essential to maintain the swimming pool at a virtually constant temperature.
- Heaters with higher operating differentials are likely to allow the pool to cool to an uncomfortably low temperature before switching the heating on.
- Top quality contactors have been used and their ratings generously selected to give a long service life and minimum risk of operational problems, particularly in pool plant room conditions.
- As a safety precaution, the heaters are provided with an interlock relay, which has to be connected to the filter pump control circuit. The heater will not operate unless the interlock is wired and the filter pump is energised.
Status indicator lamps on front of panel to facilitate troubleshooting and diagnostics. Thermalec® pool and spa heaters comply with all current and relevant EU regulations and directives. Thermalec® pool and spa heaters have a two-year guarantee.