- Swimming Pools, Power Pools and Swim Spas
- Portable Spas & Hot Tubs
Pool Equipment & Accessories
- Solar Covers
- Winter Debris swimming Pool Covers
- Reel & Roller Systems for Swimming Pools
- Swimming Pool Pumps & Sand Filters
- Swimming Pool Heaters
- Maintenance Equipment
- Swimming Pool Ladders, Step Units, Slides and Swimming Pool Water Features
- Automatic Swimming Pool Cleaners, Suction Pool Cleaners & Boost Pump Cleaners
- Swimming Pool Lighting
- Swimming Pool Pipework
- Swimming Pool Liners
- Swimming Machines
- Skimmers & Pool Fittings
- Automatic Pool Covers
- Swimming Pool Water Features
- Swimming Pool Safety Covers
- Swimming Pool & Spa Chemicals
- Water Purification Systems
- Games, Toys and Inflatable Loungers for Swimming Pools
- Swimming Pool Domes & Enclosures
- Swimming Pool Safety, Aquafitness, Rehab, Therapy and Pool Lifts
- Outdoor Living
- Swimming Pool Parts
- Hot Tub Parts
Elecro Titan Optima Electric Pool Heater
- Easy Installation, upright horizontal floor mount
- Super safe operation
- Robust, durable construction
- Digital water flow signal, no pump interlock required
- Low element Watts density reduces encrustation
- Titanium heating elements zero corrosion guaranteed
- BS 316L Stainless Steel flow tube (Titan Optima)
- Titanium flow tube (Titan Optima Plus)
- Dual cascade wired Schneider contactors on each element bank
- Digital timers for staged energisation
- Digital touch thermostat provides more accurate temperature control
- Epoxy coated aluminium cabinet
The Titan Optima heater is manufactured from top quality components and material at the Elecro works in Hertfordshire, England.
Construction consists of three flow tubes which are fitted to the uniquely designed manifold mouldings made from specially formulated polymer alloy material. Spiral wound titanium heating elements provide a 'Vortex' water flow, these are positioned equidistantly along each flow tube, providing ultra efficient performance. The low Watts density of these elements guarantees extended life and reliability. The outlet manifold accommodates a flow switch which provides a digital signal to the control board. The inlet manifold is fitted with a titanium temperature detection pocket, fitted with NTC temperature sensor.
Three of these signature heating element and flow tube assemblies are situated in parallel inside the Titan Optima casing and achieve outputs ranging from 18kW to 54kW. Each element bank is energised via two separate cascade wired Schneider contactors with integral digital timers that minimise the potential of any voltage drops and at the same time allowing for simple, no fuss installation.
The heater is supported by two G/F polyamide chassis end panel mouldings, these together with durable aluminium panels form an enclosure finished in tough epoxy powder coated paint. The enclosure design encourages induced cooling giving an extended switch gear life span.
The heater control panel is on the top of the enclosure containing the indication and fault lights as well as the digital touch control screen. The unit can be floor or wall mounted and is supplied complete with a bracket for vertical wall mounting offering the simplest and tidiest of installations, even in limited space, thus making it particularly suitable for parallel multi-unit installations.
Elecro Titan Optima heaters are to be mounted upright horizontally on the floor. They cannot be vertical mounted. They are plumbed with 50mm/2" pressure pipe and have a maximum flow rate of 750 lpm so can handle most jet pumps without the need to by-pass plumb. The heater needs to be positioned to protect it from water spillage from adjacent pumps or filters during routine maintenance.
The Titan Optima heater can be easily operated using the touch screen control panel. The inlet manifold has been designed to minimise flow imbalance between the flow tubes, greatly reducing the risks of air locking. Safety and equipment protection is provided by the highly reliable flow switch, over temperature protection is provided by the four safety thermal cut outs (auto-reset) and a safety thermal cut out (manual reset).
The digital control board allows accurate control of the pool water temperature thanks to its high precision. The blue digital characters on the touch screen are clearly legible, even in bright sunlight.
To reduce voltage drop on start-up, the heater element banks are energised in a staged cascaded sequence, with a time delay between energising each bank.
Heating Elements - Titanium
Flow tubes - BS 316 Stainless Steel (Titan Optima) or Titanium (Titan Optima Plus)
Enclosure - moulded aluminium, epoxy powder coated
Contactors Cascade wired, Duel Schneider contactors
Digital Control Thermostat 0ºC > 42ºC (0.5ºC Differential)
Safety Thermal cut-out 55ºC (Manual reset)
Enclosure Thermal cut-out 60ºC (Auto reset)
Flow Switch - Gold tipped reed switch with Titanium fulcrum pin
Wiring - High temperature, silicone sheathed, multi-strand copper conductors
Seals - High temperature special formula EPDM
Water Connections - 63-mm Spigot, supplied with 2"/50mm unions
Working Pressure - 4 bar maximum
Mounting - Upright horizontal floor mountable
IP Rating - IP44, must be positioned to provide weather / spilled water protection