- Swimming Pools, Power Pools and Swim Spas
- Portable Spas & Hot Tubs
- Pool Equipment & Accessories
- Swimming Pool & Spa Chemicals
- Water Purification Systems
- Games, Toys and Inflatable Loungers for Swimming Pools
- Swimming Pool Domes & Enclosures
- Swimming Pool Safety, Aquafitness, Rehab, Therapy and Pool Lifts
- Outdoor Living
- Swimming Pool Parts
- Hot Tub Parts
Dolphin Leisure 'SUMMERLONG' Concentrated Long Life Algaecide
At the beginning of the season and giving your pool a regular dose of long life algaecide you should have a sparkling stress free Summer of swimming.
Algaecides are a vital ingredient to control the algae in your swimming pool and spa water.
Algae are microscopic single cell plants they exist in most water. Not directly harmful, they are not desirable in swimming pools as they will turn the water green. The pool structure will also feel slippery if algae are attached to it.
Shock treatment regularly used does help to inhibit the growing of algae. However a good quality Algaecide is a must to have sparkling algae free water.
HOW TO ELIMINATE ALGAE
- Shock dose by raising the free chlorine level to above 10 parts per million if the water is a greenish colour and up to 25 parts per million if you can't see the bottom. Use shock chlorine whilst bathers are out of the water.
- Brush the algae from the walls of the pool. The more virulent types such as black and mustard varieties may need extra pressure to remove but take care you don't damage the liner. Vacuum and back wash the pool filter frequently.
- When opening up your pool add your concentrated or long life algicide into the water.
- On closing your pool add another dose of algicide. During the season you may need to add another dose if your pool has heavy use.
Always keep your PH levels between 7.2 - 7.6
Always add the chemicals to the water and not the water to the chemicals
NB These Algaecides can be used with Chlorinated and Brominated pools but should not be used on pools using Revacil/Baquacil
At the end of the season add our long life algaecide to keep your pool Algae free throughout the Winter.
|Products categories||Pool Safety|