- Swimming Pools, Power Pools and Swim Spas
- Portable Spas & Hot Tubs
- Pool Equipment & Accessories
- Swimming Pool & Spa Chemicals
- Water Purification Systems
- Games, Toys and Inflatable Loungers for Swimming Pools
- Swimming Pool Domes & Enclosures
- Swimming Pool Safety, Aquafitness, Rehab, Therapy and Pool Lifts
- Outdoor Living
- Swimming Pool Parts
- Hot Tub Parts
Quick Chemical Guide : Chlorine pools
Posted on Friday 11 January 2008 by
- Vacuum Pool Bottom.
- Backwash Filter / Clean Cartridge.
- Check and adjust pH to 7.4
- Shock dose with Shock Chlorine granules.
- Add Long life algaecide or Summerclear.
- Test pH and Chlorine daily,adjust pH / add Stabilized Chlorine as indicated.
- Shock dose automatically every week or after a 'Pool party' or at the first hint of any 'Green' in the water or before going on holiday.
NOTES / HINTS
Filters must run fora minimum of 8 hours per day. You cannot 'over' filter the pool, the morefiltration you do the clearer the water.
Sand filters should be backwashed ( the filter bed clearedof captured dirt ) once a week. The sand need not be changed for several years.
Cartridges should be cleaned every other day - soaking incartridge cleaner is best.
At least one new cartridge should be bought each season.
Never mix chemicals together.
Have a bucket and mixing stick that you only use for poolchemicals. Dilute all chemicals fully in warm water before adding to the pool.
Run the filter for 2 hours after adding chemicals - Sandfilters in 'Re-circulate' mode - Cartridge filters with cartridge out.
Do chemical test on schedule - especially chlorine pools.Lack of Chemical testing = Inadequate dosing =Green pool = AGGRAVATION !!
CLEARING A GREEN POOL.
Check and adjust pH to 7.4.
Shock dose with shock chlorine granules ( double/tripleusual shock dose amount ).
Run filter continuously, until pool clears. Backwash/cleancartridge every hour.
Stubborn cases may require a 50% water change in addition to above.
Our recommendation for all above ground pools is to switchyour chemical system from Chlorine to the 'BLUE CRYSTAL' system which is a non-chlorinesystem which requires only once a week checking. Please ring for details and abrochure - it could save you such a lot of effort.