- Swimming Pools, Power pools and Swimspas
- Portable Spas & Hot Tubs
Pool Equipment & Accessories
- Solar Covers
- Winter Debris swimming Pool Covers
- Reel & Roller Systems for Swimming Pools
- Swimming Pool Pumps & Sand Filters
- Swimming Pool Heaters
- Maintenance Equipment
- Swimming Pool Ladders, Step Units, Slides and Swimming Pool Water Features
- Automatic Swimming Pool Cleaners, Suction Pool Cleaners & Boost Pump Cleaners
- Swimming Pool Lighting
- Swimming Pool Pipework
- Swimming Pool Liners
- Swimming Machines
- Skimmers & Pool Fittings
- Automatic Pool Covers
- Swimming Pool Water Features
- Swimming Pool Safety Covers
- Swimming Pool & Spa Chemicals
- Water Purification Systems
- Games, Toys and Inflatable Loungers for Swimming Pools
- Swimming Pool Domes & Enclosures
- Swimming Pool Safety, Aquafitness, Rehab, Therapy and Pool Lifts
- Outdoor Living
- Swimming Pool Parts
- Hot Tub Parts
Filter Media for Swimming Pools
- Silica Sand or Durafilter Glass
- 25Kg Bags
- Each type has it's benefits - Silica sand for valve and effective basic filtration.
- Durafilter Glass for extra effective filtration - less back washing time means less pool water wasted - the media will last longer. AFM is more costly to buy initially but will soon pay for itself - More effective water clarity - removes smaller particles - uses 50% less water for back washing than silica sand.
NB. Due to weight of product it costs £6-50 more per Bag to send via our carriers this cost is included in the price you pay.
FEATURES of GLASS MEDIA
Eco Glass Filter Media is the new environmentally friendly and cost effective filter media that provides a viable alternative to sand. Made from recycled glass, it doesn't involve intrusive mining and the use of scarce resources. It has the green credentials, and with its superior performance is also cost effective against sand.
Saving on back washing and the resultant water, energy and chemical treatment costs.
- It generally removes finer particles from water than the equivalent grade of silica sand.
- With superior permeability, back washes take less time, saving water and energy and chemical treatment costs.
- Its angular to sub-angular particle shape and bound silica content provides a 30% improvement in turbidity removal over silica sand.
It is less susceptible to bio-fouling as, unlike silica sand the particles have a smoother surface, so bacteria cannot get trapped in any cracks or flaws, which means less remedial action and again less chemical treatment to destroy pollutants. It therefore has a longer life span, indeed we are told the glass may never need changing.